As a partner, you have the opportunity to offer Card Account Updater to your merchants. This feature can help reduce declined payments for card-on-file transactions by automatically updating payment information for expired and replaced credit cards.
Benefits of Card Account Updater
- Improved payment success rates: Helps merchants reduce the number of declined transactions by keeping customer payment methods up-to-date. Tilled will automatically check and update the payment details for expired and replaced credit cards.
- Enhanced customer experience: Outdated payment information can be frustrating for customers, especially if their orders or subscriptions are disrupted due to failed payments. By automatically updating the card-on-file, merchants can prevent unnecessary customer churn.
- Compatibility: Compatible with Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Discover cards.
Any partner with cards on file is eligible to use Card Updater to automatically check these cards for updates. This feature is particularly useful to any partner leveraging Subscriptions.
Monetization opportunities depend on whether your merchants are on Flex or Processor Billing.
- Merchant will be charged the fee directly.
As a partner, you can set the Card Updater fee when you create a new Pricing Template
- If you wish to cover the cost for your merchant, simply set the Card Updater fee to $0.
- The partner is responsible for costs and will be billed out of your commissions
Setting up Card Account Updater
There is zero development work required to set up Card Account Updater. If you are interested in enabling Card Account Updater for your merchants, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.