Tilled supports two merchant billing solutions: Flex Billing and Processor Billing. Flex Billing is the default for all US-based merchants processing card payments. Processor Billing is used for Canada-based merchants processing card payments and all merchants processing ACH/EFT debit payments.
US-based merchants processing card and ACH debit will be onboarded to Flex Billing for their card payments and Processor Billing for their ACH debit payments.
With Flex Billing, Tilled controls fee assessment, billing, and payouts. Primary advantages of Flex Billing include:
- New pricing templates are activated instantly
- Pricing changes for active merchants are automated
- Transaction-level fee details are available in real-time
- All fees associated with a single charge are billed at once
- Billing frequency changes are instant
- The standard payout speed is T+0
- Merchants can see pending payouts
- Payout frequency changes are instant
With Processor Billing, the processor controls fee assessment, billing, and payouts.
- New pricing templates take 3-5 business days to be activated
- Pricing changes take 1-3 business days to be implemented
- Transaction-level fee details are available only once the associated payout has been initiated
- Fees for a single charge may be split across several payouts - this is common with interchange fees
- Billing frequency changes are not instant
- Weekly billing is not available
- The standard payout speed is T+1
- Merchants do not visibility into pending payouts
- Payout frequency changes are not instant